Monday, September 24, 2012

Pasta Alla Carbonara!

Ok! Sooo.... as you follow my blog later on you will learn that I make A LOT of Italian Food. So this week I have prepared a pasta dish called Pasta Alla Carbonara. The first time I made this I thought it was really weird but once I tried it... my family and I fell in love with it. So! Shall we begin.

What you will need:


1 pound of linguine noodles

1 pound of bacon (if it has bacon, of course it'll be good)


1 small onion


3 eggs


8 ounces of freshly grated Romano cheese


3-4 Tablespoons of bacon grease.



Shall we begin?

     First, start by filling a big pasta pan with water and putting a sprinkle of salt into the water. Then turn the water on high and wait for it to boil, while your waiting start to do other things for the recipe.




          Take your pound of raw bacon and chop it up into about one centimeter wide strips and when your done chopping throw them into a medium pan.


 Take your small onion and chop it into slivers about a centimeter wide. If you like onions you can chop the onion small, but I don't... so I just chop it in big pieces so I can take it out when its done giving my meal flavor.
         Combine your onions with your bacon and put it on a medium high burner. Cook until the bacon is cooked to your preference. When the bacon is done, drain the bacon grease and put the grease aside for later. Put bacon in  a bowl and put, it aside as well.



                When your water starts to boil, pour in your linguine pasta and let it cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is soft.



         While your pasta is cooking, prepare your eggs... what your going to want to do is... beat your three eggs in a small bowl. When your done beating, put the eggs aside along with the bacon and its grease.


                 Then measure out 8 ounces of freshly grated Romano cheese and put it to the side with the eggs, bacon, and grease. Trust me you probably are very confused but its very simple don't get scared, it will all make sense soon.



            Ok, to complete this entree you must be very quick. The second you get done with draining your pasta, pour the eggs in the the noodles (of course make sure that the noodles are in a bowl not a colander when you do this.) Mix it up real nice... I know this might sound very gross but the heat from the noodles cooks the eggs in the noodle... and don't worry you don't taste egg at all, it just makes a nice little sauce. Then add the Romano cheese, bacon, and 3 tablespoons of bacon  grease into the noodles. Stir it up real nice.... and now your little master piece is finished! I hope you enjoy! Bon'Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment