Monday, October 22, 2012

Italian Salad!

      Ok, so normally I would show pictures of the steps I take when I make stuff but today since I am making a salad I thought it would just be easier to give you all the information instead of adding pictures. Normally I would make something a little more complicated, but I know its hard to find a really yummy salad so that is why I am giving you this! I hope you enjoy! By the way this is for the salad and the dressing.

What you will need:

FOR SALAD:
Romaine lettuce, bite sized
Ice burg lettuce, bite sized
1 small red onion peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
4 ounces of blue cheese crumbled (if you're not a fan of blue cheese like me, just use feta cheese)
Corn Oil, for frying
4 ounces of thinly sliced Prosciutto cut into about two inch squares (you may also use bacon)

FOR DRESSING:
1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons of granulated sugar 
3/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon salt
2 cups Vegetable oil
Black pepper to taste
1 pinch of dried oregano

DIRECTIONS:
            1. In a large skillet, heat 1/2 of your corn oil. Cook Prosciutto until it turns dark brown and curls at the ends. Drain on a paper towel and crumble in to small bits. Set aside. (If you are using bacon you DON'T need the corn oil.)
            2. Place your lettuce, onion, cheese and prosciutto in a large bowl; toss it up real nice.
            3. For dressing, in a medium bowl, combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, vinegar, and salt.  Whisk together until combined. Now whisk in your oil slowly in a stream formation. Add pepper and oregano, whisk to combine.
            4. Plate your salad and drizzle a little bit of dressing over it because you don't want too much...

This recipe makes a lot of salad so I would wrap the salad in a paper towel and then put it in a bowl with a lid. Put your dressing in a separate bowl in the refrigerator. Now you have a yummy salad whenever you want it! Bon'Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment